martes, 14 de junio de 2011

A very special Book


Irvin David Yalom is an author of novels and nonfiction books, also he's a professor of psychiatry at Stanford University, and he's very famous by his existential psychotherapy, that's a point that he wrote usually on his novels.
He was born on June 13 of 1931 and he's still alive. He wrote usually about feelings like death, freedom, isolation, meaninglessness, all the things that make the existential realities, he believe in science and his skepticism about non-material or spiritual understandings of life, I don't agree with that, but I respect his thinking, and I really like how he wrote novels about that. That is mainly the reason that I admire him, because his way to write about feelings owns of existentialism, help me in a hard moment, and I read "when nietzsche wept" a really famous novel of him, and every word, every thought was representing everything that I was living, and the solutions and of nietzsche's problems, make me RE-CONSIDERING the decisions I had made at that moment, and everything was right!, I could do the things in the right way. My reason of "why" I admire him is a little selfish, but honestly to me it was really important, because that book give a lot of important things to me… honestly this is not my favorite author, or my favorite book, but with the book in my mind I made the decision of study psychology (in the book the author tells the story of Freud, the father of the psychoanalysis) so, after reading I started to search information about psychology, specially psychoanalysis… It helps me a lot with my life, so I have a very special affection to the book.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario